Sunday, September 1, 2013

Our first (of many to come) Anniversary!

What a wonderful year it has been!

I am still in awe by all of the things God has blessed us with this year. We have had a great time in our new home, making some amazing friends along the way. We were blessed with the most wonderful blessing of all time, our beautiful baby girl, Grace. Not to mention I had a pretty awesome pregnancy & birthing experience. Drake also was able to get the one thing he's wanted for a long time.. a motorcycle :-/.

Now, I am not going to sit here and say that our marriage has been all rainbows and butterflies by any means. We have had our fair share of struggles a long the way. Without these struggles though, our marriage would not be as strong as it is today. Oh, and that saying "The first year is the hardest year.".. I don't believe that is necessarily true. Everyone has their own opinion though. 

We decided just to take it easy on our Anniversary & just do the things we both enjoy. I went to Target :), & Drake played Skyrim. We spent time loving & playing with Grace. Drake has been dying to take me on a motorcycle ride, and I finally agreed that he could. We also enjoy Olive Garden (lame, I know) so we decided we would eat dinner there..lol :-). We aren't fancy by any means. Then we came home & ate a slice of our cake top & had some champagne in our fancy schmancy champagne flutes from our wedding. Needless to say, I couldn't have been more happy with our day & just getting to spend time with my family. It's the simple things in life <3

Of course I got the idea of this picture from pinterest

A picture of why the little one was not in the picture. Never wake a sleeping baby! :-P





     I was scared out of my mind to ride on the motorcycle, as I am not a big fan of them at all. Needless to say we made it down the road & I was too much of a chicken to let him get any further. I think I am just too much of a control freak when it comes to things that move & have engines. Which leads me to my next picture...

 Bye bye! I will drive us to dinner :-).




 My flute broke in the move :-(

 <3


We decided to feed ourselves our own bites this time

 I was really nervous that a cake that had been frozen for a year would be absolutely disgusting, but I was completely wrong.. delicious!

Now time to go feed the baby & sleep, sounds like a perfect ending to me!





No comments:

Post a Comment