Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Spicy Cajun Shrimp Pasta

One of my passions is cooking. I don't care if I am following directions off a box, or trying to make up my own recipe, it's just so therapeutic to me. There for a little while I was making cakes and cupcakes ALL the time. I am shocked that I didn't gain a million pounds by having to "test taste" every part that went into making them :). Maybe other foodies feel the same way, but I always just needed a little taste when it comes to something I am baking/cooking. It satisfies me just enough & I would rather enjoy watching other people enjoy the food I am creating.

If there is one thing to know about this household, it's that we LOVE food. We will try anything once. One of my husbands favorite things is seafood pasta. He also has this wild obsession with Cajun seasoning. He will put that stuff on anything!  I had the TV on The Food Channel this afternoon when he popped in for lunch & I saw his eyes get all bright & cheery when he saw that the lady was making pasta with shrimp. I decided I would be an awesome wife & make him a "Spicy Cajun Shrimp Pasta" tonight for dinner. Considering I just had a baby, and I am all about those easy simple 15 minute meals, I just kind-of threw this one together in my head with things we had in hopes that it would satisfy. I thought it turned out pretty good & it can totally be modified in any way!

Spicy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
Ingredients:
1box-linguine 
1 jar of Bertolli Spicy Arrabbiata sauce (found with pasta sauces)
(you can completely make your own sauce for this recipe)
1 TBSP of Butter (I used LandOLakes Saute Express in Garlic & Herb because I ran out of butter)
Cajun Seasoning - to your taste.
1 lb of cooked, peeled shrimp

I bought shrimp that still had the tails attached so I first removed the tails. 

I then took the Saute Express over medium low heat and melted it to cover the bottom of my nonstick skillet.

Put the shrimp in once the "butter" is fully melted & sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning
 

By this point I start the noodles

Once the noodles are done, I tossed the shrimp in.

Then add the sauce! I am not a huge spicy food fan, so I only added half a jar.. my husband told me it was "a little too dry" so I would add the entire jar of sauce the next time around

I added a little side salad & bam, there you have it! A simple meal made in 15 minutes!





1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy. You should have made that while you were here

    ReplyDelete